TAKE NOTICE that the 2021 Annual and a Special General Meeting of the Members of Grenville Mutual Insurance Company will be held on the 8th day of March 2021 at the hour of 1:30pm, for the purposes of:
1. Receiving and approving the Minutes of the 2020 Annual Meeting.
2. Receiving the 2020 Annual Statement and Auditors’ Report.
3. Considering and if thought fit, adopting with such amendment as may be made at the meeting, the amendment to the Company’s General By-law passed by the Board November 12, 2020, to delete Article 13 dealing with Refunds from Surplus and replace it with the following:
The Directors may, subject to the applicable legislation, declare a refund from surplus at the end of a fiscal year upon such terms and subject to such conditions as the Directors may determine.
4. Electing three Directors for a three-year term. Directors whose terms will expire are Ron Greaves, Ivan Petersen and Ian Wade, each of whom are eligible to be re-elected and have been nominated for re-election in accordance with the Company’s By-laws.
5. Appointing auditors for the year 2021.
The Meeting will be held electronically, allowing all members who wish to attend the meeting and vote, to do so by establishing a communications link to the meeting.
Members wishing to attend the Meeting electronically are asked to contact the office by March 3, 2021 to pre-register with a valid policy number. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Company at 613-258-9988 during office hours to provide the required registration information. Upon verification of membership, members will be provided with connection details as to how to join and participate in the electronic meeting.
The Company’s 2020 Annual Statement is available on the Company’s website and a copy may be obtained by sending a written request to the Company’s head office at least 14 days before the Meeting.