A Unique Opportunity...
If you are detail oriented with strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills and you believe effective communication is important, then Grenville Mutual Insurance is looking for you to join our Claims Department as an Accident Benefits Adjuster on a 14-month contract.
At Grenville, continuous improvement and a focus on relationships are the cornerstones of our business. We understand that having robust insurance solutions for our clients is an important driver of our business. We commit to the constant delivery and improvement of products and services in a competitive, dynamic environment. You can play a key role in fulfilling this commitment by supporting the policyholder on their road to recovery.
Reporting to the Claims Manager, the primary responsibilities of the Accident Benefits Adjuster will be working with our policyholders during their time of need. You will be responsible for handling a wide range of accident benefit claims, including catastrophic and minor injuries, using your experience, attitude and industry knowledge, you will support our policyholders. You will have the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment and be a positive influence within our work setting.
Post-secondary education is a definite asset. A good working knowledge of the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule is required. Most importantly we will be looking for aptitude, a positive attitude and a strong commitment to self-development.
- Handling files in good faith and in accordance with legislative requirements
- Providing clear, concise direction to the insured both verbally and in writing
- Investigation of claim including statement taking
- Collection and maintenance of documentation to support claim
- Assessing amounts payable
- Conduct settlement analysis and negotiation of same
- Professional dealings both verbally and in writing with, insureds, service providers, lawyers and brokers
- Attendance at mediations, Pre-Trials and Trials if required
- Interaction with the Licence Appeal Tribunal
- Other responsibilities as assigned by direct Manager
- Minimum of 5 years accident benefits adjusting
- Broad/In-Depth knowledge of the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor with policyholders, brokers and service providers
- Completion of post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
We are offering a competitive salary for this contract position, in a people-oriented working environment.
Grenville Mutual welcomes applications from all individuals. If you require special accommodation during the application process, please contact Jennifer Moulton at 613.258.8732
Application deadline is October 8, 2021 at 4p.m.
Apply by email in strict confidence to: