A Unique Career Opportunity…
If you pay attention to detail, believe effective communication is important, are self-motivated with an ability to see the big picture, then Grenville Mutual Insurance is looking for you to join our Underwriting team!
At Grenville, continuous improvement and a focus on relationships are the cornerstones of our business. We understand that having robust insurance solutions for our clients is an important driver of our business. We commit to the constant delivery and improvement of products and services in a competitive, dynamic environment. You can play a key role in fulfilling this commitment.
Reporting to the Manager, Underwriting, the primary responsibilities of the Senior Agribusiness Underwriter will be working with our distribution force to underwrite business with Grenville Mutual in our Agribusiness product line. You will be responsible for overseeing and growing a portfolio of business and be an active contributor to relevant projects. Using your experience, attitude and industry knowledge, you will analyze, assess, evaluate and determine acceptance of risks at all levels of complexity. You will have the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment and be a positive influence within our work setting.
Post-secondary education, good working knowledge of the property/casualty insurance industry and agricultural/commercial knowledge is a definite asset. More importantly we will be looking for aptitude, positive attitude and a strong commitment to self-development.
- Grow and maintain a profitable Farm/Agribusiness underwriting portfolio.
- Service agent & broker needs, advise on insurance matters, and conduct needs assessment to recommend solutions in a professional and courteous manner.
- Apply technical knowledge and expertise to underwrite and issue new business, renewals, and policy changes while adhering to binding authority, reinsurance guidelines and company policies.
- Meet and exceed established goals and service level requirements with a high degree of accuracy and urgency.
- Sound judgement in decision making to ensure the quality of risk selection reflects our best in class underwriting approach.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills to meet time-oriented workload demands.
- Active contributor to a progressive team and company culture.
- Consistently demonstrate professional behaviour and a positive attitude.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Represent the company at industry training and functions, as required.
- Minimum of 3 years of farm underwriting experience
- Completion of post-secondary education preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the agriculture sector
- CIP designation is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience working with IBS 5.0 would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits program in a flexible, people-oriented working environment.
Grenville Mutual welcomes applications from all individuals. Should you require special accommodation during the application process, please contact Kelly Campbell at 613.258.9988.
Application deadline is September 30, 2021
Apply by email in strict confidence to: